Thursday, March 10, 2011

Unplanned Fabric Purchase...Is There Any Other Kind?

A day last week found me in a new-to-me fabric store.  It was sensory overload.  Because I'm a mama of three young children, my shopping is usually limited to online stores.  My adoration for online shopping deserves a post of it's own:  the ease!  the time saved!  the endless stores!

However, last week it was a treat to enter into a store and actually touch the fabric and see things with my very own eyes.  To be able to see the colors in person, the patterns, the textures.  What a treat!

Of course, I had stopped in only to purchase some brown wool felt for a project.  But, that didn't stop me from picking up this pattern:


... and these fabrics:



Normally, I'm not a huge floral fan but something about the happy geraniums and the gorgeous coral and aqua colors drew me in.  I just stitched up the bag last night, and I'm happy to report that it is a great Mama Bag.  It easily carried the sippy cups, snacks, money, phone, and keys - with lots of room to spare - this morning on our errands.

Thank you, Brick and Mortar Fabric Store for providing me with a spirit-lifting project.  And, that toy table you had in the store was genius.  Kids were occupied - mama shopped.  Pure genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...