Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring, Spring

"Dear beautiful Spring weather, I miss you.  Was it something I said?"  ~ Kim Corbin


Really, we miss you Spring.  Where have you gone?  We're waiting and watching, not so patiently, for our buds to come on the trees and bushes, for our Spring bulbs to grow like they mean it, and to be able to go outside without wearing a heavy jacket and hat.  But, alas we're met with wind, cold temps and even snow.  *Sigh*

I guess it is fitting that St. Patrick's day falls in March.  It reminds us of the greenness of Ireland which really embodies the ideal of Spring-time.

{Image via whimsicalities}

Don't you just want to knock on the door and sit by the fire for a cup of tea?  Or, go down to the pub and have a pint with the locals?  I know I do.

On a side note:  is it wrong that one of our kids' new favorite CDs is an Irish CD featuring pub songs?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...