Thursday, April 14, 2011

cafe au lait bowls

I still remember one of the best cafe au laits I've ever had.  It was in Berlin at an outdoor cafe.  My dear sweet friend and I were in the middle of our backpacking trip through Europe.  I remember ordering and savoring a big bowl full of warm, frothy goodness.

It made all the difference drinking the liquid out of a bowl.  Don't get me wrong.  I love my mugs of coffee.  Turning on the coffee pot and waiting, mug in hand, for my hot coffee is one of the first things I do in the morning.  But, there is something cozy, and European, about drinking my cafe au lait and hot chocolate out of a bowl.


This fascination with drinking from bowls got me to thinking about when I was younger.  I remember staying with one of my aunts and uncles when I was little, and they served us our hot chocolate in a bowl with toast for dipping.  For breakfast!

You know where I'm going with this....ta da!  Guess what we've been doing here lately?  Yep.  Drinking our [homemade] hot cocoa from bowls for breakfast...with cinnamon toast for dipping.  Makes breakfast before school a little more enjoyable.

Check out these cute vintage cafe au lait bowls.  Or these.  Or what about these for the smaller set?

{Image from Northern Light}

I love (and want) this collection of cafe au lait bowls.  Until then, our little bowls at home will have to do.  Off to enjoy one now!

1 comment:

  1. Bonjour
    You can see the best offer in the world here :
    http://provencefleamarket.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...